- Prithvi Defence Vehicle (PDV) missile has been developed by indigenously by DRDO.
- It is two-stage missile and both stages are powered by solid propellants.
- It is intended to replace the existing Prithvi Air Defence (PAD) in PAD/Advanced Air Defence (AAD) combination.
- It is designed for engaging targets in exo-atmosphere region at altitude 50 km of earth’s atmosphere.
- It is guided by high-accuracy Inertial Navigation System (INS) supported by Redundant Micro Navigation System for estimating point of interception.
- The missile is also fitted with Imaging Infrared (IIR) seeker, developed by DRDO, to distinguish between incoming warheads and decoys.
Reading Time: 1 minute